Building Mobile Apps with FireMonkey
Fast Track to Mobile Development Training for Delphi & RAD Studio
In this course we will help you get up to speed with mobile development using the cross-platform rapid development framework, FireMonkey. This course is a workshop and over the course of 11 weeks we will be developing a mobile app together using Delphi (however you can follow the same course to develop an app using C++Builder as well). In this course we will be using the 10.3 Rio edition of Delphi/RADStudio. You should be able to follow this course using any edition of Delphi/RADStudio that includes the mobile development capabilities, including the Community Edition.
- Experienced in Delphi or C++Builder development (VCL or FireMonkey frameworks)
- Some experience with Delphi/C++Builder database development
- Ability to follow along with the exercises and perform programming tasks on your own
- The Mobile App Specs: What we are building
- Introduction to the FireMonkey cross-platform framework
- Setting up your environment for Mobile Development
- Working with Embedded InterBase: IB ToGo & IBLite
- Building the User Experience with Styles
- LiveBindings: Connecting the UI to Data
- Using Mobile Sensors: Hello World!
- Reporting and Sharing: Will you be my friend?
- Architecture Considerations: Android vs iOS
- Publishing and Sharing your App: Via Ad-hoc and App Stores
I am a Developer Advocate. I really always have been. During the 20+ years I was busy as a software engineer I always enjoyed sharing and teaching the things I found exciting in the world of software development. Every change I got I would peer-mentor, speak at software developer groups, podcast, speak at conferences, create screencasts, blog, write or just bend your ear.