Object Pascal Handbook by Marco Cantu
The complete guide to the programming language of Delphi
The Object Pascal Handbook is the complete guide to the programming language of Delphi. The book covers Object Pascal from the foundations to the latest extensions and the author, Marco Cantu, is a well known Delphi guru, the author of dozens of Delphi books, and the current product manager for the programming tool at Embarcadero Technologies.
563 pages. Academy web viewer and PDF download. Includes Demo Sources for all Chapters
This book is also included in the course Learn Interfaces in Delphi:Intro to Advanced Micro-Course Bundle $29
This is the list of the book chapters:
- Part I
- Chapter 1: Coding in Pascal
- Chapter 2: Variables and Data Types
- Chapter 3: Language Statements
- Chapter 4: Procedures and Functions
- Chapter 5: Arrays and Records
- Chapter 6: All About Strings
- Part II
- Chapter 7: Objects
- Chapter 8: Inheritance
- Chapter 9: Handling Exceptions
- Chapter 10: Properties and Events
- Chapter 11: Interfaces
- Chapter 12: Manipulating Classes
- Chapter 13: Objects and Memory
- Part III
- Chapter 14: Generics
- Chapter 15: Anonymous Methods
- Chapter 16: Reflection and Attributes
- Chapter 17: The Object Class
- Chapter 18: RunTime Library
Marco is a well known Delphi expert and the best-selling author of over 20 books on the product. Has has been using Delphi since the early days of the product, spoken to hundreds of conferences in 4 continents, given countless training classes on the language, VCL, Windows, server side and mobile development.
A few years back he joined Embarcadero technologies as Delphi product manager, but he has continues giving training sessions, webinars, and conference classes, and writing books.
His most recent book is the "Object Pascal Handbook", focused on the Delphi language. Marco lives in Piacenza, Italy, with his family, and travels often around the world.