Welcome to Embarcadero Academy! We hope you enjoy CodeRage XII this week. Since this is the first year we're hosting CodeRage on Embarcadero Academy, we want to just give you a few pointers on how to access the conference and what to do if you run into any trouble.
Note: If you miss any session or have a schedule conflict between simultaneously running sessions, don't worry. We will be posting session replays for each CodeRage Session in Embarcadero Academy.
1) Please register ahead of the entering conference. If you haven't registered you can register here. You only need to register for Room1 and you will automatically be registered for Room 2 and the Virtual Conference Sessions here at Embarcadero Academy. Most attendees receiving this email will already be registered. If you have registered you will have received two GotoMeeting Room confirmations. One for Room 1 and one for Room 2. The confirmation emails look something like this:
2) Note the Room 1 and Room 2 join links from your confirmation emails.
NOTE: If you ever have any trouble getting into live sessions, you can always use those links to directly join the currently running session in either room.
3) Join the CodeRage Conference here at Embarcadero Academy. You may join by logging in and selecting "My Course" from the nav bar, then click on the CodeRage XII conference tile:
then click on
4) You should be taken to the CodeRage XII Curriculum with the conference tracks and schedule where you can access all of the sessions and the Embarcadero tech partner virtual exhibit hall. If you're not taken directly to CodeRage conference curriculum, there will be a green bar across the bottom of the page with link which will take you to the CodeRage Conference Curriculum here:
5) Each time you enter any session, you may open that sessions live session room by entering your name and email address which you registered with (you must also select country field, apologies for that), and click Join. If the Join button says Register instead of join, that is ok, it will recognize your previous registration and let you in. If you have any trouble joining you can always use the join links that were mailed to you in your Room 1 and Room 2 confirmations.
6) Once in the room, you will be in the GotoMeeting web player. You can toggle the web player to full screen and back with the button in the lower right side of the player. If you exit the player during full screen OR if the support chat icon is impeding the minimize button in the GotoMeeting UI you can minimize returning to the curriculum view by hitting ESC.
Most sessions are live, and there will be replay's posted after the conference. We will send out a notification email when the session replays are up. Just come back to the Embarcadero Academy and the Room window will be replaced with the replay video.
There are some on-demand sessions which are in the on-demand track toward the top of the curriculum. You can view on-demand sessions at any time.
Some instructors are running specials on many of their popular Embarcadero Academy Courses. We are also offering an additional 10% off all courses and exams, use the coupon code CODERAGE12 during checkout to receive the additional 10% off. Note: Only one coupon can be used during checkout.
Marco Canto is releasing two new course offerings during CodeRage. The first is new one-day 4hr micro-course entitled "Anonymous Methods in Delphi" which we've applied a special 20% CodeRage discount coupon to celebrate! and the other is a new 4 course Bundle entitled "Mastering Modern Delphi Language Techniques" which include 4 courses and over 8hrs of lectures covering Interfaces, Generics and Anonymous Methods as well as a bonus eBook.
Staff at Embarcadero Academy