Reflection and Modern RTTI in Delphi
A course covering the modern RTTI, the RTTI unit, TValue record, and custom attributes
This course is also included in Master Modern Delphi Language Techniques 4 Course Bundle $99 ($155 value)
The focus of this class is on modern RTTI available in Delphi since version 2010. The course covers all of the aspects of this technology, which largely enhances on the original RTTI mechanism of Delphi.
In particular, the class includes lessons:
- Introducing the dynamic data access with the modern RTTI
- The use of the RTTI units and the various classes it defines
- The compiler directives you can use to control the generated RTTI and the linker behavior
- The Rtti Context and its data caching model
- The TValue structure and how it supports type safety in a dynamic invocation system
- The use of custom attributes to decorate the type information with additional data
- And finally some real world use cases of RTTI and attributes
This course is also included in Master Modern Delphi Language Techniques 5 Course Bundle $99 ($175 value)
Marco is a well known Delphi expert and the best-selling author of over 20 books on the product. Has has been using Delphi since the early days of the product, spoken to hundreds of conferences in 4 continents, given countless training classes on the language, VCL, Windows, server side and mobile development.
A few years back he joined Embarcadero technologies as Delphi product manager, but he has continues giving training sessions, webinars, and conference classes, and writing books.
His most recent book is the "Object Pascal Handbook", focused on the Delphi language. Marco lives in Piacenza, Italy, with his family, and travels often around the world.