Anonymous Methods in Delphi
The complete class on anonymous methods and their practical applications in Delphi (20% off CodeRage Special)
Anonymous Methods in Delphi is a new single day self-guided class offering complete coverage of anonymous methods in the Delphi language, starting with an analysis of the syntax, compared to other types of function and methods references, and continuing the concept of "capturing the execution context". The core of the course, however, is focused on practical usage cases, mostly focusing on multi-threading and the parallel programming library.
- Expected time to complete this class is 3-4hrs (contains 2hrs of video lecture)
- Your access to this course does not expire, you may take as long as you like or need to complete the mini-course and you may replay the course lectures as many times as you like.
This is the detailed list of the topics covered:
- Introduction to the Anonymous Methods syntax
- How Anonymous Methods capture the execution context
- Using Anonymous Methods when working with threads and threads synchronization
- Using Anonymous Methods to sort generic collections
- Parallel Programming Library: Parallel For loops
- Parallel Programming Library: Tasks
- Parallel Programming Library: Futures
- Parallel Programming Library: Creating many tasks
At the end of the course you should have a good understanding of anonymous methods and their role in many common Delphi coding scenarios.
This course is also included in Master Modern Delphi Language Techniques 4 Course Bundle $99 ($155 value)
Bonus eBook Chapter included:
- The Object Pascal Handbook Chapter 15: Anonymous Methods
- 20 pages. Academy web viewer and PDF download. Includes Demo Sources
This chapter on Anonymous Methods is from The Object Pascal Handbook by Marco Cantu, a the complete guide to the programming language of Delphi. The full book covers Object Pascal from the foundations to the latest extensions and the author, Marco Cantu, is a well known Delphi guru, the author of dozens of Delphi books, and the current product manager for the programming tool at Embarcadero Technologies.
Learn more about the full Handbook at The Object Pascal Handbook main page
Marco is a well known Delphi expert and the best-selling author of over 20 books on the product. Has has been using Delphi since the early days of the product, spoken to hundreds of conferences in 4 continents, given countless training classes on the language, VCL, Windows, server side and mobile development.
A few years back he joined Embarcadero technologies as Delphi product manager, but he has continues giving training sessions, webinars, and conference classes, and writing books.
His most recent book is the "Object Pascal Handbook", focused on the Delphi language. Marco lives in Piacenza, Italy, with his family, and travels often around the world.